We all get cuts, scraps from minor injury. Our skin is a barrier and protection once it is ‘violated’ it is up to us to care for it. The following are a few important basic to ‘wound’ care when you are not given specific direction from a medical professional.
- antibacterial soap (Lever 2000®, Dial®)
- Vasoline petroleum jelly (NOT Neosporin® or Bacitracin®)
- Q tips
- Bandages size to cover wound
Actions till completely healed:
- keep wound clean wash with soapy water gently
- keep coated with thin layer of ointment
- cover with clean bandage
- clean at least twice a day and whenever get it wet
- cover sun block (SPF30) for one year round to avoid scarring
I like and have repeatedly used Aquaphor® healing ointment (OTC) which protects against infection*, promote healing, avoids scab formation so decreases a scar forming.
*signs of infection increasing redness, swelling, pain or drainage